Publication date:Aug 2018
For business managers and CIOs, managing identity data of employees, contractors, business partners, and customers has become an important core capability. This practical guide discusses the impacts of identity management on organizations from a businessperson's perspective.
This book will help managers and CIOs understand:
• Automating identity provisioning into your access control systems
• How to evaluate the maturity of your identity management environment
• The difference between authentication and authorization
• Why federated authentication is so important and how to get it right
• How roles and attributes are used to determine access control
• The level of digital transformation that’s coming in the management of consumer identities.
• What we need to plan for in operational technology and the Internet of Things.